One day of lending helping hands and hearts to our Communities!
Sharing love and faith by gathering and serving in our communities to address these key needs: Health, Habitation and Hunger.
Please join your friends and neighbors in the Fifth Annual Thousand Hearts Crow River Serve Day volunteering to complete over twenty projects in one day of serving our community on Saturday, May 20! We continue the tradition of “Sharing faith and love by gathering and serving in our communities to address Health, Habitation and Hunger”.
Sign up using Sign Up Genius soon; many of these projects are family friendly and fill quickly! This is an easy way to volunteer to be a blood donor too!
In addition to projects, Sign Up Genius lists many activities for the day.
The Hospitality Center in the Lions Building in Riverside Park, Rockford, will offer breakfast treats from 8:30am to 10:00am – free will offering. Enjoy a snack, turn in the liability waiver (download from Sign Up Genius) in exchange for a wristband and head out to a project on the free shuttle bus service. Return for lunch from 11:30am to 1:00pm - free will offering.
Riverside Park will also host
- The Rockford Farmer’s Market from 9:00am to 1:00pm
- Red Cross Bloodmobile from 9:00am to 3:00pm.
- During the lunch period there will be kid’s games, a yoga class and a presentation by the Rockford Fire Department regarding new CPR guidelines.
- From 9:00am to 3:00pm, drop off eyeglasses and hearing aids to the Rockford Lions, new clothing items for homeless and in transition Veterans and donations of food for the RiverWorks Food Shelf.
- To top off the day, volunteers and their families are cordially invited to attend a Celebration Program and Pizza Dinner beginning at 4:00pm in the Rocket Commons at Rockford High School. RSVP on Sign Up Genius before May 10. Want a cool Thousand Hearts T-Shirt? Order on Sign Up Genius before May 10, pick up and pay ($10) at the Hospitality Center on May 20 from 8:30am to 3:00pm.
Questions can be directed to Annette Tryon at firstname.lastname@example.org